Awakening through Qigong and Meditation
Monthly on the 3rd Thursday of the month
Thursday, September 20, 2018
Thursday, October 18, November 16, December 20, 2018
7:30 – 8:30pm
Chill Chicago, 222 W. Kinzie, Chicago, IL
Call (312) 222-1442 to register or Register Online.
Do your meditations lack energy and focus? Are you looking for something to turbo-charge your meditation practice? Come and learn the secrets of Qi Gong, a powerful way to energize your body-mind. Qi Gong, developed in China thousands of years ago, is a powerful body of meditative movements which enhance the body’s “chi” energy and open blocks to the healthy flow of chi through the body. When QiGong is paired with mindfulness meditation, it creates a rich experience of mindful awareness of the body and its subtle energies. The result is heightened awareness at all levels – physical and energetic, and a deeper, more energized meditation experience. Sign up today. You won’t want to miss it!
You will learn:
- Conceptual understanding of chi energy, its role in health and the 3 bodies (gross/physical, subtle, and causal)
- Specific, traditional Qi Gong exercises for awakening, balancing the body-mind, restoring a sense of wellness and aliveness.
- Tips for developing awareness of chi energies at the subtle and causal levels.
- Understanding of the benefits of Qi Gong and meditation and the ways in which the two practices support each other.
- Mindfulness meditation practices, including tan tien breathing, seated meditation, and possibly a tasting meditation.
- Conceptual understanding of mindfulness meditation as a path to spiritual awakening.
- How to integrate QiGong exercises into their personal practices, including yoga, meditation, and other practices that promote wellness and/or spiritual awakening.